Things are still going really well. Caleb is doing great and Gabe seems to have grown a lot older in the last couple of weeks. I am doing fine, too. I feel good, other than I think I had mastitis, or at the very least a clogged duct, which I am taking an antibiotic for (had a fever one day last week of 103?!). That has me discouraged a bit, but I really can't complain. Caleb is still eating a lot, but I am learning his hungry cries from his tired cries, so now there are times when I can get him to sleep without feeding him. :-)
He also had his first bottle yesterday, which is great news for me because it means a little bit more freedom to get out or sleep! I still think he is sleeping his longest stretches during the day, but he sleeps pretty well at night. I think he had a four hour stretch last night, but it was from about 8:30 to 12:30 and then he was awake until about 2. In general, though, he usually eats and then goes back to sleep (I'd say 2 to 3 hours is average). It's all a little bit of a blur.....
We had our first outing last Thursday. We went to Oak Park and went to Jimmy John's for dinner. It felt really good to get out! Then Gabe and I went to McD's for a milkshake on Friday, just to spend some time together. I think that's been one of the hardest things - not getting to spend as much time with him or give him my undivided attention. It seems like everytime he wants me to do something I am nursing the baby or something, but I know we'll all adjust in time. He is doing really well as a big brother - I just miss our one-on-one time together.
Dan went back to work today after taking two weeks off. He was a great help with Gabe and they got to spend lots of quality time together. This morning was my first extended period "alone" with both boys, and then my mom came out around lunch to help for the afternoon. I know that being home alone with both boys will definitely be an adjustment!
In some ways I look forward to more predictability with baby and longer sleeping at night, but at the same time I don't want to wish these early days away because I know they are so brief and they are not this little for very long!
I'll try to post some more pics soon. Hope you are all doing well.
Monday, July 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, life with a newborn is just a lot of hard work! It's funny how you forget what having a newborn around means. It's so busy! I'm glad to hear that things are going well. I hope that you're starting to feel better. That is really no fun. We love you guys! Can't wait to see more pics...we miss your two boys!
Pictures pictures, we need more pictures!!!!!
So so happy that things are going well and that you've had support and help the past few weeks! I really appreciate seeing what I'm in for in another month - the more details the better! Life with two - eek!!
much love,
the Aon Stalker
Post a Comment