
This past Sunday was Gabe's first birthday. With a lot of help from family, we were able to host a party for him at our "new" (but very old) house. It was great to be surrounded by our friends and family (I think around 50) who have all been so supportive over the past year. We really are truly blessed to have so many people who love us, and to have our wonderful son who has completely changed our lives for the better in the last twelve months. I remember how overwhelmed I felt in the beginning by the change and all that comes along with caring for a baby, but what a joy it has been to see him grow and develop into this little toddler who is now walking all over the house (and hiding in corners until we come and find him).
While I sometimes miss the little tiny baby days, this age is really fun because he is starting to talk and learn more everyday. I've been feeling somewhat guilty about not documenting his milestones better, so I though I would list some of his developments/stats at one year (mostly for my own records):
-Weight around 27 pounds (I think, we go to the doctor next week, not sure on height)
-Walking independently (especially in the last few days)
-10 Teeth
-Words: ducky, doggie, ba (bottle), da da, ma ma, bbbbn (balloon), ball, book, amen, daisies (? that one is per daddy yesterday, mommy hasn't heard that one)
-Claps
-Plays peek-a-boo
-Gives kisses
-Climbs (stairs and on and off the futon)
-Plays hide-and-seek
-Can feed himself finger foods
-Can drink from sippy cup (and regular cup with help from mommy or daddy)
-Goes to bed between 7 and 7:30 and sleeps until usually 6 a.m. or so
-Naps have been around 10 a.m. for two hours or so for the last few days (with no afternoon nap - wonder if he's moving to one nap a day?!)
I think those are most of the major things, though I'm sure I'm forgetting something. I can't believe how fast the year has gone, and I know each passing year will seem even faster, so I know I need to slow down and enjoy each day we have together.
Ok, I guess that's enough sentimental talk for one post....

1 comments:
Sara, Gabe is so advanced! Really, I think it's amazing that he's doing all of these things and had so many milestones in his first 12 months. He is such a precious baby and I can't imagine our lives without him here. And you and Dan are such great parents. (It's really no wonder he's so advanced!) Patrick and I are so thankful that you are 4 months ahead of us, we've loved learning from you...you've inspired us and spurred us along. Also I'm so happy that our boys are only 4-months apart...they'll be the best of friends!!
Post a Comment