Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Where have all the bloggers gone?

That was going to be the title of my post before I realized that Christina updated her blog today (and there was going to be a disclaimer for Sally, who updates hers regularly :-)). That leaves Patrick, Dan, Holly and me....at least in my "blogosphere."

This past weekend was a busy but fun one. We went down to Bloomington on Thursday night to visit Patrick, Christina and Henry so Dan could help with their roof repair (we owed them anyway for lots and lots of help they've give on our house.) From there, Gabe and I went to Rockford Saturday evening and spent Sunday with my mom and my sister celebrating my mom's 50th birthday. It was a great day. We started with breakfast at Stockholm (our favorite breakfast place - yummy Swedish pancakes). Then, we took her shopping for a couple of new outfits and stopped at Starbucks for refreshments. That was followed by lunch with her four sisters, three nieces and my grandma. After that was her favorite stop - a manicure and pedicure. We also took a trip down memory lane and drove by the house we grew up in and went to a drive-in we used to go to (Bing's) and had cherry dip cones. We wrapped up with dinner at Olive Garden and cake and presents at home. What a day!

On another note, my friend Heather (my only high school friend to join us on the baby train) was induced this evening. So, her baby girl should be here within hours if she's not here already! I am so excited to meet her.

More updates later...and I will also try to be better about updates...especially since Gabe is starting to talk more, etc. and I want to make sure I document those things, too.

Nigh, nigh (as we say to Gabe).....

0 comments: