Sunday, March 25, 2018

Happy 13th Birthday, Gabe!



Dear Gabe,

Today was your last day as a "kid."  Tomorrow you become a teenager, despite the fact that I'm not totally prepared for it.  When you're a first time parent, everyone says, "the time goes so fast." And you nod and promise to savor every moment.  But what you don't realize is how right they are; I had no idea time would go THIS fast.  There's so much I want to hang on to, but so much I'm excited to see in this next stage of your life.

I'm so proud of the young man you are becoming.  You have a great group of friends and continue to be our social butterfly.  You are REALLY into performance sports cars and plan on buying a Lamborghini when you grow up.  You are into scootering right now, and continue to improve your backflips on the trampoline.  You've spent lots of time lately playing Fortnite with your brother and friends on the PS4.  :)  Last year you became a big fan of London when we visited, and Italy is next on your list (all those cars!).  I really enjoy hanging out with you - sometimes you even agree to run errands with me, which is time I cherish. 

I am praying that as you get older you will make wise decisions, be considerate and compassionate, and that you would feel God's guidance in your life.  At this time next year, we'll know where you're going to high school, and you'll be preparing to leave Grace - a place that has been so special for our family.  So many exciting thing ahead for you.

I love you, Gabe.  Happy birthday!

Love,

Mom


0 comments: