Tuesday, June 12, 2007

37 Weeks

Well, today marks 37 weeks, which they officially consider "full term." I had an appointment today and they did the first "check" to see if anything's progressing. So far I am just dialiated to "one" and she said the baby is head down, but not super low. I remember feeling like I could go at any time at this point with Gabe, and I went another four weeks. :-) So, I'm not getting too anxious; I'm guessing it will be at least another couple of weeks. I am definitely feeling it - very tired and this guy just seems heavier to carry! She said that if he was born today she would estimate him being around 7.5 to 8 lbs, so he'll likely be good sized!

I'm feeling like I'm torn between wanting the baby to come as soon as possible, and needing some extra time to get things done. For example, if he came right now, he'd have no where to sleep! I finally went through all the clothes over the weekend and organized them, so at least he'll have something to wear. :-) We're planning on painting the room this weekend and the beginning of next week. I think that will help me feel more prepared, but I'm definitely feeling the need to "nest" and like clean things from top to bottom and I feel like time is running out (plus I feel too tired!) I guess he'll come when the time is right.

0 comments: