
We took Gabe today for his two year check-up. Everything went well. He didn't want to nap today (as is the case lately), so he fell asleep in the car on the way and slept in the stroller until they called us in. He woke up when he was on the scale and we were taking off his clothes. :-) He did well, though, he smiled and said hi to the nurse and then was totally calm as the doctor was checking him out (although she checked him out "down there" and tonight he kept saying "doctor....pee pee..."). He is 35 3/4 " tall (90th percentile), 30 lb. 7 oz. (75th percentile down from 90th) and his head size is tapering off. :-) I'm not sure why his weight is down, but she said it's not uncommon for them to "thin out" at this age. She also said he can have peanut butter now and he can drink whatever milk we drink (either skim or 2%). I may keep giving him whole though (and I've been drinking it, too!). She also confirmed his two-year molars are coming in, which explains the drooling and the chewing on his fingers.
Here are some of his milestones at two years:
- Loves to talk and can say just about anything you ask him to. He's starting to talk in little sentences.
- Can sing his ABCs from beginning to end (need to get this on video).
- Loves to sing and has memorized most of the Veggie Tales sing-along CD (including the dialogue in between songs).
- Knows how to identify some letters and colors and can count a little bit (more like 2,3,5,9,10,11..).
- He's trying to give up his nap (which the doctor confirms he still needs!) and is no longer sleeping in his crib. However, he's been sleeping through the night in his own room.
We had a great birthday party for him on Saturday. I'll post on that soon (and I promise to write more about France, too.)

1 comments:
Such a cute picture of Gabe. I'm impressed with how well he did at the doctor. I think Henry is going to take him in the weight category by 2. When we took him last month for an ear infection he was 30 lbs even. We'll see! What a little doll. We loved seeing you guys last weekend for his birthday. He's so sweet!
Post a Comment