Monday, January 30, 2006

My Introduction to Blogging

So, after a considerable amount of time as a "blog stalker," I have been shamed into starting a blog of my own. This is an idea that is sort of weird to me because I can't tell if blogging is a way to keep in touch with friends or journaling your private feelings or maybe both. I do know that I have throroghly enjoyed keeping up on my darling nephew's developments (and my brother-in-laws diet) by stalking their blog.

I have also never been very good at keeping a consistent journal or diary. I did keep diaries when I was little, but most of the entries went something like this: "Dear Diary, not much happened today. I'm really tired. Gotta go. Love, Sara." So, I'll try to be more detailed than that.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Sally said...

I hear you've been stalking more than just your family's blogs... a.k.a. MINE! I am glad you're joining the world of blogging. About your comment of personal vs. public- I definitely use my blog to record things I don't want to forget, but have to remember it's public. So keep the personal stuff in your personal diary (such as, "I'm tired today. I'm going to sleep." no just kidding). Maybe I should stop posting my dreams on my blog...

Welcome to the "blogosphere" :)

Christina said...

I'm excited to start reading this Sara. I'm glad we'll get to keep up with each other's blogs. Your first entry made me laugh so hard I had to read it out loud to Patrick. He definitely feels proud of himself. This is too funny to me.