Thank you for the overwhelming show of support from the bloggers I have been stalking. I now feel that I can stalk blogs unashamedly, as long as I post something on mine once in a while.
On a personal note, last night and today have been very challenging times with Gabe. Last night, he woke up around 10:30 p.m. and didn't go back to sleep until almost 12:45. He has never done something like that - not even really when he was a newborn. It was one of those nights where he would be sound asleep, and if I hit a squeaky floorboard on the way out, he just would start screaming.
Ditto for the morning nap today. Afternoon was better, and then he went down at 7 p.m. for bed tonight, but he is awake and crying as I type. We have never been great at putting him down awake, but even though we rock him, etc. he usually sleeps pretty well once he's down. Usually an hour to an hour and a half for each nap (that's iffy lately) and until usually 5 or 6 a.m., and after a bottle, back down until 7 or 7:30.
So, I am not sure if maybe he's getting molars? I think those might be next since he already has the first 8? I will have to check the "What to Expect.." book.
Hopefully it's just a phase, but probably one that is going to require some strategizing on our part.
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
One word - earplugs!
-- This is Patrick
Was last night better? Hopefully it was just a fluke...maybe he just wasn't feeling well, or is coming down with a little cold, or it could be those molars. Like you say, we always think of excuses until finally the trouble passes! Either way, I hope he's doing better and sleeping well again. You must be so exhausted...a flashback to the newborn days.
By the way, I love the little jeans passed down from Gabe and the little striped blue hoodie. Henry's worn those! Also, he's just started wearing his Robeez and they're darling. Everyone comments on them when we're out. Thank you!!
Post a Comment