Tuesday, August 28, 2012

To Caleb on Your First Day of Kindergarten


Dear Caleb:

Tonight I'd like to hit the "pause" button so I can have just a little more time to process the fact that tomorrow you'll be starting kindergarten.  But, life doesn't work that way.  It keeps on moving forward, and with the forward motion come milestones like the one we'll encounter tomorrow.

Milestones are a good thing; they mark progress and growth and learning and this is no different.  You are about to begin a very important leg of your journey; it will mold and shape you over the next 13 years (plus college!).  We will celebrate each step of the way as you learn and grow academically, socially, emotionally, physically and spiritually. 

Here's the thing: I know you are nervous about starting school.  I know you are shy.  But I also know that you are brave and smart and strong and sweet and handsome.  You already have some friends in the class and you will make many more.  Your teachers know and love you and will take good care of you.  Mommy and Daddy will be praying for you and while we can't be with you, we know that Jesus will be with you always.

Be kind to the other kids.  Have fun.  If you aren't sure about something, just ask. Make sure to listen to your teachers and to follow directions.  If someone is unkind or hurts you, tell your teachers right away.  Always stay with the group and don't wander off.  Don't talk to strangers.  Do your very best when it comes to your school work; I have every confidence that you will.

I love you, Caleb.  Daddy and I know you are going to do great.  We will be there to support, encourage and cheer you on no matter what.

Sleep well, Cay Cay.  Tomorrow is a big day!

Love,

Mommy

1 comments:

Christina said...

Oh my goodness, another tear jerker! Oh kindergarten. It's such a giant step for our sweet boys. I'm so happy that Caleb likes it and it sounds like he's doing so well!

We are proud of you Caleb and praying for a wonderful school year!
Love,
Christina